Sunday, March 3, 2024

JB trip | Swimming Test | Urban Farm | Swimming in Yatch Club

Brayden 7Y0M7D

Bevlynn 2Y9M2D

Brayden did a presentation at his speech class as an emcee. He did well but he was super nervous because he did not have much time to practice. He only started memorizing the speech 2 days before. So on the actual day he was crying his eyes out. In the end, he still did pretty well on his actual presentation.

On Thursday, a normal work day, I decided to clear out my time off and travel over to JB for a little ME-time. Hub was joining me for breakfast in the morning and asked if he'd take an urgent leave and spend the day with me. It was spontaneous and nice knowing he'd do that to be with me. After sending Bevlynn to school together, we took the bus at Jurong East Bus Interchange to AEON mall JB. It has been many years since we last took such a trip to AEON together, it was before having Brayden if I can recall. We took massage, ate laksa, bought our groceries (milk particularly) and headed back to Singapore again. It was really refreshing although time-consuming. 

Brayden took a swimming test for Stage 2. He was out of the water and passed even before Hubs could realized that the tests had started. It was a simple test. 

Bevlynn and I were on a trip to an urban farm instead. It was a small farm tour on a hot sunny Saturday morning. She enjoyed the fish feeding in the aquaponic, compost insect discovery (stick insect, worms, big hissing cockroach), and at the chicken & duck coop. She didn't want to leave and cried on the bus; telling me I was scolding her although I had only shouted because the bus was here and she did not want to get in. 

That evening I took Brayden and Bevlynn to the Republic Singapore Yatch Club at the West Coast Park. It looks like a small version of the Marina Raffles; with all the yatches lined up at the deck, a restaurant and a swimming pool. It was to celebrate Lucas's 5th Birthday. Brayden got all wet from playing the water gun with Caleb. He did not have an extra change of clothes. After Brayden and Bevlynn went on a swim, we had to split for our showers because any boys older than 5 years old cannot be in the same showers in the ladies's shower room. I gave him my swimming pants (which is dry and a towel) to cover himself. However, he dropped the towel on the floor during his shower and it got super wet. Funnily, he came out like a lady wrapped in a towel. Lucky Jane had an extra clothes from Lucas and let Brayden wear them. It was a small and tight fit but at least much better than a wet towel. It is not easy handling 2 hyper children out, good thing, I have help from good friends. 














No comments:

Post a Comment

*Sizzling* Hot Posts