Friday, October 15, 2010

Things that go bump in the night at Safira

Dear Diary,

Sunway Hotel Seberang Jaya was all booked out that night. Evon and I had no other choices but to check in at a neighbouring country club; Safira. We were surprised to find out that the rooms were mostly available when we called to make our reservations. The description of the chalet found on the website was too good to describe such a cheap place to stay for a night.

When we reached the front entrance of the hotel, everything dawned on us. The whole place was dark with only some distant places lit with dim street lamps. The road leading to our room, S2 was gloomy. There were also some unfinished construction along the road. I was so glad Evon was with me for the night or....... I really couldn't imagine what I'd do. *shrugged* Probably sleep in the lobby for the night. We girls decided to call it a night after reading some magazines and brochures. We knew the following day will be a long day. We shared a queen-sized bed; I slept on the bedside facing the window.

I told Evon earlier I wasn't afraid of anything that spooks at night. Ironically, that wasn't true. I was just trying to comfort her. We were sleeping quite soundly until...... there was a loud bang on our roof. I was awaken by the sound. It then sounded like a rat / a cat running about in fear. Then, there were soft knocks on our bedroom door. I was just waiting for the sound to leave us. But there were more. From a distant, two sounds of explosions echoed in my ears. I was thinking to myself, 'Can it get any worse?'

Evon was restless, I could tell. She was rolling about on the bed. She went to the toilet soon after. I didn't realized she was trying to grab my attention by making loud actions. When she came back from the toilet, my back was facing her. She was touching my back, trying to nudge me awake. I didn't budge. I was afraid when I do turn around it wasn't her there. So I was left stiff in my sleeping position, shaking in fear. I fell asleep after hearing a group of people chatting right opposite our room. It was comforting to know we weren't the only people there.

The next day we were talking about the spooky sounds we heard from the night before. During then only did we realize, we were both only pretending to sleep throughout. O how I wish I had just turned to her and woke her up. I would at least not feel so scared for the rest of the creepy night.

Love Jo.

7 comments:

  1. bebe, if next time this things happened again and when i m not around at the same time...u can take a deep breath and chanting in ur heart ..then u will feel better ...=p

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did.. somehow with you around I'd feel much safer..

    ReplyDelete
  3. envy you have such a sweet comment from him... *.*

    ReplyDelete
  4. it was a very touching comment to heard. u 2 r really a sweet n cute couple

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for all your comments and support too...

    ReplyDelete
  6. i still cant stop thinking about it... scaryyyyyyyyyyyyy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Luckily we just got one night free stay.. We were really a funny pair that night..

    ReplyDelete

*Sizzling* Hot Posts