Wednesday, June 26, 2024

Holiday | Family Photoshoot

Brayden 7Y4M0D
Bevlynn 3Y0M24D

We were in Penang for a week. The week before, Brayden and Bevlynn had been together with Uncle Max and Grandma by themselves. 

It was an eventful trip. 
I wanted to take a family photo to celebrate our 10th Wedding Anniversary. It had been a photo shoot which I had been wanting to have for the family since Bev was 1 year-old. But it was just so hard to organised; The time had never been right and I could not find a studio which I liked. 

So while the kids were away in Penang, I was able to search for a studio and coordinate the photo shoot plans. Lucky thing, the studio had a good slot on Saturday available - this is the only slot left for the week. I quickly made the reservation and start planning for the clothes for the children. I had a nice white dress for Bevlynn so that would have done it. For Brayden, we had to go scouting around in Penang for quite a bit. I thought it would have been easy but it was not. We went to several places, including Queensbay, Sunshine Farlim, Anakku, AEON Bukit Mertajam, 1st Avenue, and finally Prangin Mall. The only store available was SY Kids in Prangin. We bought the vest, jeans for Brayden. However, the sizes did not fit well so we had to travel there once more. While there, we additionally bought boots and long socks for Bevlynn.  

We had to make a dress tryout at Winter December Studio at Bukit Mertajam. It was not too far from Bukit Mertajam AEON. After a few tries, I found the dress I loved - a lacey long sleeve dress that is not too revealing. 

In the last minute, Max and Kai Xin could also make it for the photoshoot. I am over the moon with this news. It has been more than 5 years we had took a family photo together; the last one was during Max's graduation. So it was a good opportunity to take once again with the two grandchildren in the picture. 

Mom was very anxious to put on a white dress. She was afraid she'll not look good in it. Since our theme was black and white luxury, the other choice was to put on a black dress. Good thing the ladies a the studio also convinced her to put on the white dress, it looked really good on her. 

When we were putting on the make-up and the men were dressing up in their coats, I really felt so touched that all of us could make time for this moment and do this all over again. It really gave me the nostalgia of my wedding day 10 years ago.... (back then, we were young, getting ready to make the next big step in life) This day, just reminded me how far we have come in life.. 

It was really difficult to take the photos with children and such a large group (7 adults, 2 children). Still it was fun and meaningful especially for my mom. Mom and Dad had been married for 39 years, Hubs and I were married for 10 years, while Max and Kaixin just got engaged, Gene just got hooked up this year. Brayden is 7 and Bevlynn is 3; making our perfect 10 very special. 

When we got the photos, it looked amazing! 

Then I recalled, I had a good, amazing journey. My proposal was at a castle, my wedding was at Banker's Club that looked like an interior of an English castle (walking down the stairs with my Dad), and my 10th anniversary photo looked like one from a dreamy royalty theme. It all blended so nicely. I am truly blessed that all things fall into place so nicely so far for my family. None of it would have happened if I don't have my Hubs, children and family with me. 




 






No comments:

Post a Comment

*Sizzling* Hot Posts