Saturday, July 27, 2024

Business Trip to Thailand | Uncertainty & Burnout

Brayden 7Y5M3D
Bevlynn 3Y1M27D

On Sunday, I arrived in Bangkok. My colleagues were there too and we headed for some shopping, good food and massage. I bought a book on feelings from Kinokuniya Paragon. I just realised that the overwhelmed feelings at work were due to change, putting more tasks in a day's work (to improve change) and exhaustion at the end of the day. This is a feeling from "Uncertainty" and "Burnout". I had learnt from the book that uncertainty should have been separated into what can be changed within my control and what can't be changed beyond my control. I had my thoughts out, I realised I had been trying to change things which are not within my control and with that, I had been frustrated because things were not going accordingly. I felt more relieved because the things I had done a lot in the past and I should not pushed it aside just because of the things not going my way these days. I would learn to celebrate more of what had been done.

This is the first trip which we were staying in almost different hotels everyday. 
Day 1 Mecure Hotel Bangkok
Day 2 Holiday Inn Rayong
Day 3 Holiday Inn Rayong, we had karaoke for dinner (I had karaoke in Malaysia, Singapore, S.Korea and Thailand - this one I would say is probably the best one although most Thai songs I don't understand)
Day 4 Sriracha Hotel Chonburri 
Day 5 Hilton Grande Bangkok

All hotels were nice, wonderful decor and great spread of breakfast. 

The massage in Healthland was amazing. First time we headed there, it was raining. Two of the colleagues had to run under the rain. The good aroma body massage compensated for the tiring run out of the rain. On the second time for foot massage, I would have enjoyed it if it weren't for the person next to me snoring and having a smell, invading my privacy. 

We had a short walk to Soi Cowboy and decided to head back to Hotel for a nice chat. 

I had long talks with colleagues and got to know them even more...
I missed my little munchkins. Time to go home... 


No comments:

Post a Comment

*Sizzling* Hot Posts