Saturday, January 2, 2010

A Christmas Like No Other...

Dear Diary,

The night before christmas, I stayed in with my love one. I anticipated for the clock to strike 12 midnight. The surprise he has kept away from me is waiting to be unveiled. I knew about the 'secret box' in the fridge but I pretended not to know. He was fidgeting around the room as I silently played my games on his computer. I almost broke into a smile, seeing him bahaved in an unnatural manner. About 10 minutes before christmas, he left the room. Sure enough as the digital clock on the computer showed 00:00 am , he came in with the cake. He switched off the lights and sang me a song. I couldn't help myself but laugh in joy. Although I had imagined how everything would be, I was still very happy and contented. The surprise did not end there.... There was a box nicely wrapped in green and it was meant for me. Inside was an apple green mp3. I almost broke into tears. I have always believe the gift of music is one of the best gifts of all. Now I can listen to all the songs I loved while walking, jogging, traveling, bathing... hmm... maybe not bathing. This is definitely more than what I had wished for.

     On the 25th, we decided to go to the night safari in singapore. There were many fun-filled activities with the animals. Crocodiles, flying squirrels, bats, tigers, porcupines, wild boars and many other noctornal animals; all could be seen in the safari. No flashes were allowed during photo taking hence the photos taken were very blur, yet, we were busy snapping away during the whole journey. Who would have thought spending christmas in a night safari with family members would be a brilliant idea for family bonding... 

Love Jo.



3 comments:

  1. jo.. also ... haha..January 6, 2010 at 1:29 AM

    nice !! stay sweet yo !!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha....so cute nia..mhuaks

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know about family bonding, but i would often visit the Night Safari when I'm in Singapore too. Nature and dark skies, my two favourite combinations.

    Oh, but i like the sun too...

    ReplyDelete

*Sizzling* Hot Posts