Sunday, September 1, 2024

Goodbye Coco | Brayden Reunion | Durian Party

Brayden 7Y6M8D
Bevlynn 3Y3M1D

In the one-week there was so many things done. 

Brayden did not want anyone to pull out his teeth. It was shaking like a coconut tree swayed by a typhoon, no kidding. He cried and cried and still would not let me pull it out. So I had to threatened him to a dentist. He kept asking me to wait and wait. After more than an hour and much scolding, he finally pulled the string that was tied to the teeth a little more and I surprised him with a karate chop on the string. It worked fast and clean. He was shocked but all happy. What a relief! 

There were more recording for a movie at the block near us. The actor was taking a motorbike and running down the street over and over. Looks like a super romantic scene. I really can't wait to see what is the content of the movie. I asked the children to go round and round the area for us to glimpse a little more of the scene. This silly mommy. 

Hub and I was at JB for a movie and massage. We watched the Deadpool vs Wolverine. Good watch. It kept us entertained with lots of comedy and as usual killing.

On Monday, I flew into Malaysia for work and met with Nic and Mandy for dinner. It was a last minute invitation but they could make it as well. Nic shared a photo of us taken more than 10 years ago - he was wearing the same clothes. 

Coco passed away while I was travelling. My dear little brown "teddy" dog. He was born in 2008 while we were in university, puppy of Baby (Shih Tsu) and Lady (Miniature German Pinscher), lived for 16 years and died peacefully on 29 August 2024, Thursday. He was my companion, gave me warm comfort, quick learner of tricks (dead, stand, sit) and always welcomed me with a long howl when I returned home. I knew this day would come. He was blind and deaf, hardly eating much in his last days. Goodbye my little one, you are dearly missed.

I had a midnight flight returning from Malaysia. It was a trip to Kerteh to provide a training to the customer there. But it was so last minute change of plan and I had to catch a flight from Kuantan. It was a small airport. I would not mind coming again next time if I am heading to Club Med Cherating since there were international flight. 

On Friday night, I attended the Plastic's Association Bowling Game - at CSC Bowling. 
It was fun. The last Hubs and I were here, more than 7 years ago, before we shifted to Bukit Batok and we had not have any children. Now Brayden could join us. I won 4th place and a voucher of S$30. Hooray! I even made new friends - one is a friend of Shawn (a colleague who had relocated to China). It is a small small world.  

On Saturday, we had a durian party in Bukit Batok neighbourhood. Mr Murali and an event emcee from Spikes of Love were there. He introduced the durian history about how in the 70s, durians only cost 60cents or less for one kilo. Now it is way more expensive than that 12 - 25 dollars / kilo. There was red prawn durian and Mao Sang Wang. Very delicious but I could not take too much. 

At night, we had a reunion for Brayden's ex-PPS childcare friends and family. All the children has grown, all in very different schools but they still have very good fun together. We had games like striking the ball to the players in the center, guessing game, ball dropping behind the players and catch (Bevlynn was very cute when she ran after the teacher and ran off tracks) and Red Light, Green Light. It was until very late, the children were still playing in the playground and wouldn't go home - just like how they used to be everyday after childcare. During the guessing game, Brayden was the fastest to give the answers for Maths and the other parents were asking me how he can count so fast? He is pretty good in maths I must say.... 




 


 



 





 







No comments:

Post a Comment

*Sizzling* Hot Posts