Thursday, April 22, 2010

Pisces Star Cruise at Night...

Dear Diary, 

Mom and I finally booked two tickets to STAR cruise.

The leading cruise line in Asia Pacific

     We were suppose to be onboard this ship last week. However, due to the 7.1 magnitude earthquake in Jakarta which shoke the region here, we decided to call it quits; fearing there will be a potential tsunami hitting the island.

     The ship is 12-storey high and the boarding/disembarking section is at level 3. The moment we stepped into the ship, we were filled with anxiety. We wanted to discover what the enormous ship had to offer. First and foremost, of course was to try the buffet. It was very inviting especially when there were walking band crew to play music at our table. The music completed the romantic settings. There were many activities to choose from; swimming to watching movie, shopping to singing karaoke, and also GAMBLING.

A long queue at buffet dinner

     At 1:00 am, we had finished exploring most parts of the ship. It isn't that big afterall. We decided to have a hot cup of hazelnut coffee each as we sat there watching people passing us by. It was simply relaxing. We then took a walk on the deck overlooking..... hmm.... nothing. It was way too dark at night to see the horizons that separates the sky from the sea. Only calm emptiness greeted us as we looked out the ship.

     By 5:00 am, I could feel my body not belonging to me any longer. Felt as though I was floating on air. Perhaps it was due to lack of sleep. After having the breakfast buffet, I slept on the table, the sofa, and the arm chair, anywhere I could place my heavy head.

    10:00 am, time for disembarkment. I was wide awake by then. I missed the trip yet I missed my bed more. Hence, Mom and I headed home at long last. I was in slumberland for the next 14 hours.

Love Jo.

2 comments:

  1. How much for the cruise? i also wan go try..

    ReplyDelete
  2. if you have 10 Genting points, you will need to pay for only RM 30. If you have the cash to play rolling, you'd probably be void of the rm 30 too... so the whole trip is FREE....
    And what's better is you'd get to go into the cruise as VIP card holder (meaning you'd get free flow of wine and food is provided 24 hrs.

    If you don't have any 10 Genting Points, then it is rm 90 per pax.

    ReplyDelete

*Sizzling* Hot Posts