Tuesday, June 20, 2023

Real work starts at home

Brayden 3Y6M27D

Bevlynn 2Y0M20D

"What is the point of giving so much of yourself to the outside world, if the family you claim is your top priority only gets your leftovers from work. Real work starts at home. So keep showing up"  

Family picnic was fun - the weather was windy and there were entertainment; singing, balloons, snacks in boxes. The children played with bubbles. How fun is it for them to catch bubbles which are so fragile and only appearing for a few seconds? Even if they had to run around over and over for hours, I don't think their batteries ever run dry. 

Father's day, we celebrated at Raffles Marina. A small pier West of Singapore. Both the children loves finding wild fishes. Holding Brayden's small hands with one hand and carrying Bevlynn on another, I wonder how long more can I do this. 

6 years is short - Never enough. I still cannot get enough of the children's part of growing. I love chasing them around as Brayden ride his bicycle and Bevlynn running about randomly. 

I have been so busy at work, sometimes I really felt there's only so many hours left I can get with the children. Sometimes I hope Hubs can help me with my frustration, but there's not much he can do either because he is also busy with work. We can only make sure we are PRESENT whenever we can; and not get too absorb with daily distractions (phones, emails.....)  








Brayden at 4 year-old


No comments:

Post a Comment

*Sizzling* Hot Posts