Saturday, August 8, 2026

Jurong Lake Garden | Canopy Restaurant | Treasure's Day | Inter-House Recycling | Book Bugs | Talent competition

Brayden 9Y5M6D
Bevlynn 5Y2M2D

For a company walk this year, we had chosen Jurong Lake Garden. The weather was breezy after the afternoon rain. I was wondering if I should join the team since I had just recovered from dengue. I was extra cautious and sprayed loads of mosquito repellent; the smell was so strong I repelled not only mosquitoes, humans too. 

We walked in the Chinese Garden and Japanese Garden. And end up at Canopy Restaurant for dinner. The restaurant had a good vibe and nice serving of fusion cuisines - Mala Pasta, Satay, Dry Laksa, Salmon... we shared a good portion of food. 

At night, I could not sleep from all the excitement. 

Bray and Bev had several activities for school and some new events this week. 
  • Slime making and sales. Bray had volunteered to prepare the slime for his team. The challenge was to make 50 boxes of slime with a budget of <S$25. Hub and I had to experiment with small batches to make sure it works. It was fun for the children.
  • Treasure's Day. Bray donated some toys and got one in exchange.
  • Inter-House Recycling to collect points for his sports house team. We had 3 weeks of recycling material collected. In the end, Bray earned 46 points for his team. 
  • Book Bugs: The Secret of the Shards is back. We've gone to the library to borrow more books for reading and collecting points. 
  • Talent competition. Bray sent a video of his piano performance for the audition. Unfortunately, he did not get selected this year. He was disappointed but he was not upset for too long. He wanted to prepare for next year's competition. 
On top of all the busi-ness, we had to managed our time between the school schedules, medical check-ups, work,... .... .... it was a havoc. 

I needed some good break. A facial and a massage did the trick; Hub booked it. <3
Good food and book also boosted the motivation. 
 
 




 




No comments:

Post a Comment

*Sizzling* Hot Posts