Sunday, October 4, 2026

Memories with Pa | Back to Bed | Pets | Swimming

Memories with Pa flashed, in quick successions. 

We were in the old corner house in town. My favorite cartoon video tape just ended. The TV without signal showed the noisy grey screen, I fell asleep. I felt your arms carrying me to my bedroom, the wooden flooring creaked softly with every footsteps. It was just a few minutes, but I remember this brief moment. That was one of the earliest memory.

Another memory flashed. We moved into another home. In this home, it was filled with Ups, Downs, Happy, Sad memories. 

You brought home many pets - Dogs, Cats, Tortoise, Rabbits, Iguanas, Birds, Hamsters, Mice, Chicks, Fish. It's almost a mini zoo. It's where we learnt the love for animals. The hardest was naming each one of them. Coco, Crystal, Lady, Baby, Spotty........... the endless list. 

Every weekend, we'd explore different places. Our favorite - the swimming pools, beaches, waterfalls. When you were younger, once you'd swim from the island to the mainland. You were a good swimmer, you taught us to swim. 

That one time. Bro Gene and I, we were competing going underwaters in a swimming pool. I did not have my goggles on. I continued swimming with my eyes closed until I hit the floor with my face - literally. When I surfaced, my front tooth fell off. You just laughed. How did that happen~~   

We swam at Gertak Sanggul beach. The water was murky and dark; we could hardly see what's in the waters. What's scarier - The sand under waters was filled with sharp prickly shells. I was so scared to step on them. Often, I'd imagine some creepy creatures grabbing my feet. Not just me, Bro Gene too. We'd clung onto you like you're our float - one on each arm. We're never letting you go.  

*Splash* The big waves came. I was trapped. It happened on Langkawi beach. Over and over I tumbled. The waves kept pulling me under. I don't know which way was up. It felt like a long time. My heart started to panic. I was gulping in salt water. In my mind, I screamed "HELP!" I felt helpless. Then, I felt a strong hand pulled me from the waters. It's You! I'm not letting you go anymore. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

*Sizzling* Hot Posts