Monday, August 10, 2026

No-school? | Bukit Batok Zone National Day Celebration

Brayden 9Y5M7D
Bevlynn 5Y2M3D

Bray and Hub came cycling to fetch me from work. It was late and dark, we were cycling and exploring a new route. It took an extra 30 minutes to reach home. At the end of it, we were so tired. 

The next day, I had mistakenly thought it was a no-school day for Bray due to the long weekend for National Day. My calendar was right, my alarm was right. But my mind kept thinking it's ok we still have time. 
After waking, we were slowly enjoying light breakfast, dressed-up. Then Bray suddenly said "Mommy, you know I have school today". Suddenly my brains light up. O yes! What am I doing? I suddenly remembered the schedule. 

In just a second, I turned alert and everything powered-up. Everyone's movement from a slow turtle turned to a quick bunny. Go go go! By now, we were late by more than 1 hour. Bray was worried by now. I told him, "Don't have to think of excuses, just say you are sorry for being late. My Mommy had made a mistake. She thought it was a no-school day."

Brain-fog caught up with me and it cleared immediately when Bray asked and brought me back into attention. Funny how the "fog" can be so thick that it's playing tricks on my mind. 

I remembered once, during my studies, I had picked up a call half asleep. The other person P was asking me for a report done. I was in such a deep brain fog and I was having lunch halfway in a dream. I told P, let me finish my lunch and I'll get it done. P asked, "what lunch? It's only 8:30." And the fog cleared immediately. Funny it happened during a phone conversation.   

In the afternoon, I had check-ups and back to work.

That night, we had Bukit Batok Zone National Day Celebration. Hub was a volunteer and was assigned to help with the mini-games. There were bouncy castles, classic ice creams, snacks, matcha drink, colourful stamp, police booth, lucky draw, plant decoration and photo booth. 

This year's performances were especially meaningful. The little children below 5, teachers, special children performed their dances to National Day theme songs. They sang Birthday Song with a giant cake on stage. 
It was touching how important everyone of the nation comes together as ONE! Everyone plays an important role in this UNITED community. 

 
 




 


 











No comments:

Post a Comment

*Sizzling* Hot Posts