Brayden 9Y4M27D
Bevlynn 5Y1M23D
For Characters Alive Day, we did not have time to make preparation for the children. This year Bray was dressed as Harry Potter while Bev as Kuromi.
After the long break, I had to catch up on work and to-dos that piled up like mountains (insurance, childrens' scheduling, transferring data to new phone,.. endless list) It is easier when everything is broken down to small to-do and work on easiest tasks & highest priorities to strike it off the lists. To move in small steps forward is always better than procrastination.
I am also back to story-telling for the children: The journey of Prince and Princess - this time they went into a mythical dark forest full of amazing magical creatures (I got some inspiration from this book Bedtime Book of Magical Creatures : An Introduction to More Than 100 Creatures from Legends and Folklore - I'd highly recommend this book to parents who want to add a little magic into their bed time story telling). The Prince and Princess found shelter in a giant tree house, there is one small opening. Inside is a friendly Giant. The children ran away, as they were scared of the giant being. After coming into danger and the Giant saved them, they started befriending the Giant.
Bev: Mommy, is the Princess me?
Mommy: No.. of course not. What the Princess goes through is too dangerous for you.
Bray: Am I the Prince?
Mommy: No, you're not. The Prince is brave, adventurous, protects the Princess. Are you?
They love the stories and relate very well with the characters. Once in a while I'll copy our daily conversations into the stories, and they will be like - that is me?! I loved how we would all laugh at the stories when the ending twist was totally unexpected or when it ends so abruptly because it's too late in the night.
Bro Max adopted a cute puppy. We'll play with it soon.

.jpeg)

No comments:
Post a Comment